Saturday, December 29, 2007

Gearing up for the MP

I never got around to posting about it, but I did find a doctor who's willing to prescribe the MP for me! He's located very near my house and it's really easy to get in to see him-- couldn't be better! I actually have the prescriptions in my hand and will be starting as soon as I've completed this checklist:


  • Receive light meter (ordered on eBay). Analyze various rooms and determine where I will need to put blackout curtains. Buy and/or make curtains. Get hardware and put them up.
  • Locate 20-watt and/or amber lightbulbs and replace all appropriate bulbs. Determine alternative lighting/window coverings for public rooms.
  • Order special sunglasses. The company is closed until January 2nd! Can't start until I have them. Should have ordered them at the beginning of December as I've been wishing for them already.
  • Hats, gloves, scarves, bootcut jeans. Burka?
  • Analyze foods for dietary restrictions; find new products/sources for new needs.
  • Get bloodwork results back and report to MP website.
  • Get disabled tags for vehicles (my dad qualifies for one too and I tried to do this already but the bureaucrats, God bless them, needed more paperwork).
  • Finish weaning myself off of some of my current prescriptions.
  • Get MP prescriptions filled.


With any luck I'll be able to start in mid-January! I am really looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Good luck! I guess I should have caught that Christmas program. I'll just have to catch a show after you're all better. :)

Adela said...

Thanks! I can't wait to have my life back!

I will try to catch up on your blog soon.