Friday, June 1, 2007

fever

The last few posts are a sort of microcosm of my life.

A low-grade fever comes and goes, I stay home because I feel bad and then it's gone so I go out and try to do the things I need to do that I've been putting off, and then the fever comes back, and I end up unable to leave the house and having trouble finding anything cheerful to post about.

On Wednesday, I stayed home from choir practice for the second week in a row due to fever (two degrees). In spite of my optimistic assessment the week before, I'd been unable to go.

Then yesterday I had to go out and do some errands that couldn't be put off.

All along I've been trying to come up with something positive to say on my blog, but all I could come up with was a list of all the things I haven't gotten done by June 1st. Some of them are kind of important, like paying my bar dues and doing some CLE. But don't worry, I'm not posting the list here.

Overall, this is what living with CFS is like. Every day I'm optimistic that I'll feel better today, tomorrow, or next week. Maybe today, or tomorrow, I'll even feel good enough to go out and do things, both fun things and need-to-do things. And maybe by next month I'll feel well enough to start working again. But the reality is that I'm pretty much unable to do squat, even post on a dadgum blog.

No comments: